Over 125 years strong!
St. Francis Xavier School, established in 1883, is dedicated to providing our students with a quality education true to the Catholic tradition where academic excellence is pursued by all. Our faith is modeled and taught, expressed in worship, prayer and service to others. Our high standards are based upon the Diocesan Curriculum Guidelines and the State of Michigan Academic Standards. We encourage each child to grow spiritually, academically and socially. We hope to nurture students who will be dedicated to life-long learning and who will make a positive difference in the world.
Why Choose a Catholic Education?
- Catholic Schools reflect the values of the church and family.
- Catholic Schools offer a quality level of instruction.
- Catholic School students grow spiritually stronger in a Christian environment.
- Catholic School teachers teach the Catholic worldview.
- Catholic Schools support the family as the number one institution in our society.
- Catholic Schools have reasonable standards of discipline, and hold the children accountable for their actions.
- Catholic Schools instill a spirit of service. It is taught that we should be contributors to society, not just takers.
- Parents are encouraged to participate in their child’s education. We are in partnership with the parent.
- Catholic Schools believe that your child is a gift from God, and that God has a good plan for him or her. Each child is seen as special, and with meaningful potential that we are privileged to help the child identify and realize.
- Research reveals that students who attend church regularly, participate in religious youth activities and are enrolled in Catholic schools, have a substantially brighter view of life and its purpose.
Phyllis Daily. Principal